Job Description: Visiting Consultant in strategic Marketing & Pricing
Why should you consider working for Impulssum: You can have real impact, combine entrepreneurism with professionalism, develop quickly and make a difference!
Impulssum’s vision is to create lasting impact for our customers. Impact in latin is Impulsum. The name Impulssum derives from the combination of Impulse and Sum. An impulse in classical mechanics is the integral of a force, F (our projects), over the time interval, t (length of our projects), for which it acts. Impulse applied to an object (or company in our case) produces an equivalent vector change in its linear Momentum. We hence, try to set different impulses, where we aim that the sum of all these impulses create lasting impact.
We have 3 major beliefs:
1. Listen to your customers! Listen to customers, really try to understand what they are trying to say (or want) and make sure your entire organization is set-up to deliver on what customers want
2. Work together! A network is always stronger than an individual. In our case, in order to have lasting impact, we need to make sure to really partner with the employees of our customers, listen to them and make sure that all our implementation proposals are fully bought in (which sometimes means we go for a more pragmatic solution, however one that will be implemented and lived by the organization).
3. Be data driven! Discussions and decisions should be as much as possible supported by actual data and insights. Opinionated discussions and decisions should be avoided as much as possible.
We are a boutique strategic Marketing & Pricing Consulting firm that is growing. We are 3 FTE at the moment and looking for a Visiting Consultant Intern to join our team. That means also, that you would work in an entrepreneurial environment. You can shape the work at our customers in ways not possible in a big firm and likewise, you can also shape the way Impulssum will do business in a much more impactful way.
Our focus is to become a strong team, hence we believe in a culture of mutual open feedback with weekly feedback cycles that are part of all our personal developments. We work with the Colors Insights system internally and have a quarterly Team day with a Coach helping us to become an even better team.
The main focus of our projects are in the area of Value Based Pricing, Customer Experience, Price adjustments, Portfolio development and Commercial Strategy.
What would you be doing?
We would form a team that would deliver the projects together. The longer you are with us, the more responsibilities you would get (assuming you perform well).
The minimum tasks to perform are:
• Collect data (interviews, financial or commercial data, market research, etc.)
• Perform data driven analysis (mainly in Excel)
• Transform insights into Powerpoint presentations
Areas to develop into could be (dependent on performance):
• Take a more customer facing role in our projects
• Lead workshops and meetings
• Create storylines for workshops, workgroups, SteerCos, etc
Who we are looking for?
You are a people’s person that easily can connect with people from all backgrounds and can put your ego behind the target of creating impact at our customers.
A successful candidate:
• Clicks personally into the existing team as we are all working closely together
• Can work with Excel and Powerpoint (no nerd level needed)
• Has a strong business acumen
• Has interest in commercial topics (not necessarily experience in commercial topics)
• Is fun to work with
• Is fluent in English; other languages are a plus (Dutch, German, Swedish)
What’s in it for you?
• You can make a difference
• You can learn a lot
• You get more responsibilities than in other internships
• Good internship compensation
Employment type: 4-6 month internship (no stage necessarily – can also be working student)
Contract type: Full-time
Travel requirements: 0-10%
Language requirements: English fluent – Dutch, German or Swedish a plus
Reach out to: Marc Andre Lein, email@example.com, +31640981285